Yes, today is my birthday. So I thought I would check in on the blog and celebrate what God was up to while I was 32! It’s so crazy to think of the life Christ lived in just 33 years, and we don’t know a whole lot about most of it. As I turn 33 it’s definitely interesting to look forward and thank God for giving me more time on earth than His Son. In the past year He:
- Led our family through incredible peaks and valleys (figuratively and literally) as we drove 22,000 miles to see 52 Zoos in 52 Weeks!
- Nudged me to start Digital Disciples – which I think has HUGE potential for Him! Connecting monthly with great people in Columbus has been awesome!
- Asked me to proclaim what He is doing, and not just keep it to myself.
- Built new friendships through this blog and through Twitter / Facebook – which has taught me quite a bit!
- Allowed me to help my wife Marla as she continues to grow the writing / speaking ministry God has given her.
Obviously much more went on this year, but it almost makes me tired to think of how full this past year was. On the other hand, it makes me so thankful as we celebrate Thanksgiving tomorrow, to know that God is at work. Being so busy wouldn’t be worth it at all if it didn’t include Him, right? Thanks, God, for blessing me this past year. Have your way with me – even though I know that takes being tired, confused, stressed, anxious, and many other things that the world believes aren’t necessities. You are.